Director of Finance
(Post based in Antananarivo)
Under the supervision of the Country Director, with a dotted-line report to the WCS Comptroller and Global CFO (based in New York headquarters [WCS-NY]), will be in charge of all financial management activities of WCS Madagascar. Further, this role is responsible for coordinating all financial and accounting management activities of the WCS Madagascar Country Programme (CP), to ensure compliance with GAAP and WCS financial policies & procedures, donor and statutory requirements, payments, receipts and cash management, and ensure completeness and accuracy of Madagascar CP financial accounts.
This role will prepare accurate and complete financial reports of all WCS activities in compliance with WCS accounting policies & procedures and appropriate grant donor requirements. The Director of Finance will lead in ensuring that resources are secured, safeguarded and utilized for intended purposes. The role will ensure the provision of financial performance insight, support for financial planning, funds management and insurance over the financial control environment.
- Principle functions
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Guidance and support is provided to PIs (Project Investigators) to develop their annual plans and the country program annual budget in line with organizational policies and donor commitments.
- Support the Directors of program and Site Coordinators to consolidate all plans and proposals
Approval of all DAC (purchasing request), OM (document travel/ travel authorization) and DE (Hiring request) related to expenditures for Head Office in Antananarivo, South West and North West sites.
- Check the SAP monthly recording
- Responsible for monthly budgeting for monthly cash request to New York
Management, reporting and Budgetary Control
- Analyze the budgeting and the burn rate of the country program, the funds of each grant by working closely with PIs, Finance Officers and carry out adjustments as necessary.
- At year end, providing adequate financial and management analysis for decision making
- Prepare and submit timely monthly and year-end reports and required schedules to the Head Office in New York, timely and accurate reports to all donors and the Malagasy government
Internal Controls, Risk Management and Statutory compliance
- Ensure implementation of the CP finance policies and procedures as required in order that changes introduced by WCS globally, accounting standards and local laws are complied with.
Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of local government and donors e.g. withholding taxes for contracts, per diem within statutory limits, etc.
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits
- Supports and reviews the development of financial plans for funding proposals and monitor expenditure against grant agreements, working with the Country Director and SMT members to resolve issues as necessary.
- Prepare Pipeline (Grant Management Form) in a quarterly basis
Provides support in managing the CP financial systems (SAP) ensuring information captured in these systems are accurate, complete and adequate.
- Ensures SAP system activities are coordinated for effective support, skill development and successful upgrade.
Effectively manage performance; developing team members in order to maximize their contribution to the team and organization
- Supervision of the works of the Finance Specialist, Finance Officers for Antananarivo and Maroantsetra and the Procurement Officer
- Required Qualifications
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree or equivalent accounting qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, of which at least 2 years must be at a senior management level
- Experience in monitoring budgets, cash flow management and systems development.
- Demonstrated sound and in-depth knowledge of GAAP, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Management, and Taxation Law of Madagascar.
- Experience using an ERP system
- Advanced knowledge of Excel desirable
- People management experience desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting for non-profit organizations and donor regulations are desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and also to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to demonstrate commitment to WCS’s Values and a working style and approach that reflects these
Application files consisting of motivation letter, CV and expected salary to be sent before 4September 2022 to the following address:
WCS « Recruitment Director of Finance »
BP 8500 Soavimbahoaka – 101 Antananarivo
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com
The full terms of reference of the position can be downloaded directly from the link https://bit.ly/3vLYyqT or requested at : firstname.lastname@example.org