Regional Grants Manager
Global Conservation Program
Regional Business Manager with a dotted line of responsibility to the Director of Grants and Contracts Management
WCS Country Office in the East & Southern Africa or Madagascar & Western Indian Ocean Regions
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
To support the regional programs in East & Southern Africa and Madagascar & Western Indian Ocean, WCS seeks a dynamic, well-organized, hard-working, and committed team player to oversee grant administration in the region. The Regional Grants Manager will continually assess the status of grant implementation in the Regional Programs.
This position reports to the Regional Business Manager, with a dotted line of responsibility to the Director of Grants and Contracts Management. This position will liaise closely with country program staff and the country office finance/administrative staff. There will be some travel to WCS country offices within the region, and to WCS headquarters in New York (NY). The East & Southern Africa and Madagascar & Western Indian Ocean Regional Programs have country offices in the Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique and Madagascar.
The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective contributor, leader and listener in group settings. S/He must be well organized, self-motivated, resourceful, effective and efficient at coordinating multiple resources to get things done, with strong attention to detail; can work on multiple tasks at multiple levels and switch between them; can foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Bachelor degree required. Related program of study such as finance, accounting, or business required.
- Proven grant and financial management experience in an international organization (3+ years) in a multi-funder and multi-currency environment required.
- Experience in managing substantial (>USD 1million) USAID, EU and/or other bilateral/multilateral grants required
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team. Must be solution-oriented, and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- English fluency required and a strong working knowledge of French language preferred. Competency in Portuguese is a plus.
- Excellent computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required) and major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent)
- Ability to work and live in challenging environments
The full Terms of Reference can be obtained by contacting : firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and
CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com by 6 September 2018. Please include “ESA & MWIO Regional Grants Manager” in the subject line of your email.